The Costa Blanca is an absolutely beautiful stretch of coastline, providing you with ample opportunity for beach relaxation. However, lounging on the Spanish beaches is not your only option during a stay on the Costa Blanca.
Here is a look at 30 other things that you can do when on vacation in Almeria, so much within a short distance, especially if you have a car:
1. Adventure in the air: Skydiving, hot air balloon rides, and helicopter rides, are all adventurous options that you can partake of during your trip.
2. Attend the theatre: There are many different performing arts events in Costa Blanca and many are housed in amazing historic buildings. The Benidorm Palace Show, the Castillo Conde de Alfaz dinner theatre, and the Principal Theatre, are all top choices.
3. Easter Parades: The Easter holiday is a big deal in the area. It’s fun to travel there at this time of year to enjoy the parades and celebrations in the cities.
4. Carnival: If you visit the Costa Blanca during February then you can see the craziness of carnival: the local equivalent of Mardi Gras.
5. Climb Calpe Rock: (pictured) This is a natural park that offers a great view of the beauty of the region.
6. Planetarium show: The Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciencies has a laser light and planetarium show that will blow your mind.
7. Dine in Calpe: Every type of international cuisine that you might wish to enjoy during your vacation can be found at the restaurants in this area, while of course tapas bars are a good choice anywhere in the region.
8. Summer festivals: Summer is a terrific time to visit this beach destination. There are many popular festivals taking place throughout the season, although August is the best month for this activity.
9. Experience 20th Century Spanish art: Famous Spanish painters like Picasso and Miro have their work featured at the historic Museo de Arte de Siglo XX Asegurida. The building itself is ancient and interesting, and there’s no charge to get in.
10. Explore Old Town Javea: This will give you some great insight into the history of the area. Check out the port of Javea while you are there as well.
11. Explore the Museo Arqueologico: Get a natural history lesson during your trip by checking out the archaeological history musem.
12. Golfing: There are many golf courses in the area, but Moraira is the best place to find a good golf course.
13. Go island hopping: You can take a boat from island to island along Costa Blanca. The ride itself is half the fun.
14. Go on a safari: There are several safari adventure theme parks (including one called The Safari Park) where you can venture into the jungle and see live animals up close.
15. Visit the Benidorm museums: This region has a series of museums, including everything from a wax museum to an agricultural museum. A day spent here will fill you up with education and entertainment.
16. Lo Pagan Mud Baths: These are open-air mud baths for all ages; here is an unique experience that anyone can enjoy.
17. Marvel at underwater creatures at the aquariums. There is a place called The Oceanographic here which includes seven different aquariums in one spot. The big feature is the region’s largest dolphin aquarium; Definitely worth a trip.
18. Play some poker: There are casinos available in Alicante where you can try your hand at winning a round, or other games.
19. Horseback riding is an option while you are in Benidorm; This is a fun activity for peopleof all ages
20. Ride the rides at Mitica Amusement Park. This theme park is a terrific place to take the kids if you’re on a family vacation to Costa Blanca.
21. See the International Puppet Festival: This December annual event brings a whole new fun side of Costa Blanca to life for you.
22. Shop in Benidorm: The Plaza Triangular is a good place to start if you are seeking to do some shopping during your stay.
23. Stop at the tourist centre: It is always good to check out an area’s visitors’ centre, to get the most up-to-date information about what’s happening. There are multiple locations to visit in Costa Blanca.
24. Stretch your imagination at the science museum. Visit the Príncipe Felipe Science Museum to enjoy interactive science exhibits; great fun for the whole family.
25. Nightlife: The Costa comes alive at night: Alicante and Benidorm are the two best places to check out bars, live music and even cabaret shows.
26. Fallas de San Juan: This annual summer event sees the area of Alicante filled up with light from beautiful bonfires, and a parade of giant figures.
27. Visit the Castell de Santa Barbara: This historic castle surrounded by moats is an interesting piece of architecture and will give you some insight into the history of the area.
28. Visit the historic fortress at Denia: It’s definitely worth taking a look.
29. Wander through the forested region of Elche: This is a beach destination that also has forests, making it a great place to walk around and enjoy nature.
30. Water sports are always fun. The beach doesn’t have to be relaxing; it can also be adventurous. Go kitesurfing or enjoy a number of other activities on the water.